Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thing 19 Just for Fun

Image generators are a favorite device but in working with Big Huge Lab's mosaic maker, I didn't have too much success. I did a bunch of my cat photos and didn't find the instructions very user friendly. The one I managed to complete and actually see a mosaic wasn't what I wanted but our building tech took all my prom pictures and made a mosaic for me which was broadcast on the school's televised video information network that repeats news and sports and events. He also took a poem that a student from Kenya had created and made a face and the African Continent with the poem superimposed on it which was extemely interesting and very pleasing to the student poet. Perhaps I will have to have him show me how he does this. The students love it when I do my own mosaic of their baseball or basketball pics which I take at the game and make them a quadrant of them in 4's or 9's! I use picasa to organize them and then make them public so they can pull the up and do whatever. This has been a lot cheaper than the old fashioned way when I would develop several rolls after a basketball game and have them on display in the Library as a way of getting all manner of traffic into the library as a fun place to be.

No comments: